Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fed Up With Wells Fargo Mortgage

There comes a time when you wonder why you try to be a good and faithful customer to a business. We have been great customers to Wells Fargo anent our home mortgage. In November of last year, my partner was laid off.

When January came round and the industry was not picking up, we thought we better contact Wells Fargo and let them know we might be having problems in a few months.

We contacted them and they told us to write a "hardship" letter and fax that along with all our financial information. We got it all together complete with a lovely spreadsheet with all our finance info laid out. Little did we know that the process would take over seven months! Then to our dismay and horror, they sent an overnight letter saying, "As we discussed..." Well, first off, "we" did not discuss anything! Their offer was to let us pay half our mortgage for three months then have a balloon payment of almost $8,000.00.

I called them and said, "Hey, what's this? We have always been good customers who have been a payment ahead on the mortgage and you offer us this lousy deal?" They guy, "Derrick" went over our info and found that somehow they had lost my income information. How, I'm not sure as over the seven months we faxed all the info at least 3 or 4 times! He said, "Don't worry, we can get the updated info to the "negotiator" and they can re-work this. It is clear you have a surplus at the end of each month."

I dutifully faxed my pay stubs to them within the next few days. A few weeks later, they contact me and let me know everything was going fine. HA! What a load of horse pucky! I found out on that call that they set up the lousy deal we told them not to do and would have been expecting $8,000.00 in three months. They did this without a signed document to do so. I told them what had happened on the last call and even though they admit they made a mistake, they told me that since we "declined" their "offer" we had to start from the beginning all over again.

After seven freaking months of work! I was so angry I thought my head would explode like a frikin cartoon character! No matter what they would not budge and I would not be allowed to speak to the negotiator who worked on our loan modification request.

My solution: I am going to find others like me in the state of Maryland and we will, as a group contact not only our elected Representatives, but the Attorney General's office. If need be, this may turn into a class action law suit. I am so sick and tired of companies like Wells Fargo treating good customers like crap.

We have never missed a payment and we were always a payment ahead until they started delaying our process. Stay tuned for more on this. We will become Wells Fargo's nightmare.

We are good customers and we deserve to be treated better!

If you have a story like mine and you are from Maryland, let me know. They might treat us like crap one by one...but wait till they have to deal with us as a unified and organized group!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

See this board?
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/wells-fargo-mortgage-c162332.html